Stainless Steel Hot Water Cylinders
Hercuglas – SS
Benefits from use of Hercuglas SS cylinders:
- The Hercuglas SS cylinders can deliver sufficient hot water to meet the average request in households applications;
- The extended heat exchange surface enables the heat transfer to occur internally, that is in the cylinder, and in most cases it provides an effective alternative to the use of external plate heat exchangers;
- The twin coil design provides versatility in linking the heat pump to the cylinder in either parallel or serial connection;
- The lower coiled pipe heat exchanger has the heated water from the solar panel passing through it. Considerable savings are possible during the summer months where the heat pump can be switched off;
- The stainless steel AISI 316L base material for both the cylinder and the heat exchanger ensures durability;
- Fast recovery is made possible by the extended heat exchangers surface;
- No need of magnesium anode ensure savings on maintenance;
Domestic Hot Water cylinders for use with Heat Pumps
Made from Stainless Steel
Capacity: 300, 450 litres
(additional sizes are available)
Why Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel is renowned for its resistance to the corrosive action of hot water. AISI 316L stainless steel is up to 33 percent
more resistant to localised corrosion than other low-grade stainless steels, and offers the same resistance as Duplex 23-04.
But it would be wrong to think that 'stainless' is a magic word that automatically imbues the raw material it describes with
the power to resist to corrosion in every instance. In fact, it is up to the manufacturer to take all the necessary steps to
ensure that the capacity of the raw material to resist corrosion remains unchanged in the finished product. Hercuglas has chosen an innovative welding process to enhance the durability of its domestic hot water cylinders.
This process involves the use of much lower temperatures than in conventional welding, allowing the area to remain much
At the same time, the welds are protected from contact with the air by a shielding gas, which prevents oxidation.
These innovative practices effectively stop weaknesses from being introduced during the welding process.
As a result, the capacity of the raw material to resist water corrosion is maintained in Hercuglas SS cylinders without having to
resort to environmentally hazardous pickling practices.